I understand that the purpose of the tbbeta list is to debug the current TB!
beta version, but perhaps this suggestion has a place here.

This post was sent using TB! v. 3.99.3 on OpenSuse v.11.4 under Wine 1.3.12
with near to full functionality.

I am no longer a MS Windows user and do not expect to return to being one.
OTOH, I am still a TB! user (since v.1.34) and would like to continue being
one.  But I am also a Linux user and strongly suggest that RIT Labs make an
effort to port The Bat! to this superior Operating System, so I can use it with
with my OpenOffice, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Seamonkey, Dr. Web and Nero
versions for Linux (and other Unix-like Operating Systems).

As I understand it, porting Delphi to Linux is also possible and Windows will
continue to lose ground as more computer users become aware of the advantages
that Open Code Community Based OS's have to offer.

(winehq.org mentions that v. 3 of TB! will run under Wine, but not version 4.
How about a linux version of TB! 5)?

Douglas Hinds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kylix_(software)

Danny Thorpe seems to have been largely responsible for getting Borland to fund
a Linux version of Delphi, and he did a lot of the work necessary to make the
Delphi compiler produce Linux executables.  While both Delphi and Kylix run on
32-bit Intel processors, Linux uses different register conventions than Windows
and, of course, the executable and library file formats are different; see DLL,
EXE, ELF for details. ...

Kylix will run under more recent Linux distributions but requires some research
and additional configuration (e.g. having an older version of glibc available,
and making other changes to the default environment).

In 2009 Embarcadero posted the current Delphi and C++ Builder roadmap. As part
of project Delphi "X" cross compilation for Mac and Linux is planned.