Hello Bob,

Thank you for reorting this issue, we are aware of it, and, moreover, we have
designed it intentionally, unfortunately, as a better solution among other
options.

The users who update from v4 to v5 won't experience the problem that you have
desribed. I mean the users who didn't ever use v5-beta before installing
v5-release.

Only the beta-testers of v5 will suffer, so the messages received or created
in v5-beta will have wrong time. Messages received in v5-release will have
correct time even if the tester have used v5-beta berore. We can't do
otherwise, becuase in 5.0.6.1 we have implemented a new bit in each message
stored in MESSAGES.TBB. If this bit is set, then the internally stored time
is assumed to be stored in UTC. If this bit is not set, we assume the message
was received or created by v4 and the time is assumed local time. In v5-betas
prior to 5.0.6.1 there were no such bit yet but the time was already in UTC
so we unfortunately must assume it is in local time. Please excuse me if I'm
not crystal clear or my explanation is quircky.

 Maxim                            mailto:m...@ritlabs.com