Hi Maxim,

MM> Hello Bob,

MM> Thank you for reporting this issue, we are aware of it, and, moreover, we
have
MM> designed it intentionally, unfortunately, as a better solution among other
MM> options.

As  a  former engineer, I do understand that some problems that appear
have no "perfect" solution, and it is not a big disruption for me.

MM> The users who update from v4 to v5 won't experience the problem that you
have
MM> desribed. I mean the users who didn't ever use v5-beta before installing
MM> v5-release.

I understand so far.

MM> Only the beta-testers of v5 will suffer, so the messages received or created
MM> in v5-beta will have wrong time. Messages received in v5-release will have
MM> correct time even if the tester have used v5-beta berore. We can't do
MM> otherwise, becuase in 5.0.6.1 we have implemented a new bit in each message
MM> stored in MESSAGES.TBB. If this bit is set, then the internally stored time
MM> is assumed to be stored in UTC. If this bit is not set, we assume the
message
MM> was received or created by v4 and the time is assumed local time. In
v5-betas
MM> prior to 5.0.6.1 there were no such bit yet but the time was already in UTC
MM> so we unfortunately must assume it is in local time. Please excuse me if I'm
MM> not crystal clear or my explanation is quircky.

Actually,  I  think  your  explanation  was  VERY  clear  - especially
admirable  when  I consider that English is not your primary language!
I  am  still  getting over the trauma of studying Latin in the 9th and
10th grades (1956-58).

This  disruption  wasn't  a major issue for me, as I mentioned, and it
only affected a few messages.  I appreciate your good explanation.

--

Sincerely, with respect,

 Bob

--

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our
function, our challenge, our fulfillment - and our inheritance, to

Using The Bat! 5.0.8
Windows 7 6.1
build 7601 Service Pack 1