Hello,

>> send  the  certificate during the connection, so there is nothing to add. But
>> if  you  can  get this certificate other way, e.g. getting it from a provider
>> via the website or by email, then you can add it.

> Surely, the fact that TB rejected the cert meant that it was sent by
> the server.
Yes, this was also my point - if TB sees it as self-signed, I would also
suppose it must have
SEEN IT (in order to check it) and thus it must have been sent (also, I
would hardly expect the server qio try to establish a TLS session without
sending a certificate). The log even says so.

I wonder if there is a substantial difference between our and Maxims
understanding of whether a certificate was "been sent"?

Did Maxim mean the CAs certificate has not been sent, rather than the
server's one?
In a self-signed cert there is no CA in the story...so just
as in Firefox, I'd expect to be able to just say "I trust the server's
cert, please add it to the trusted list" without having to change to the
address book and look for where to ass it myself.

 Viktor Kabelac                            mailto:kabe...@rar.cz