On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 03:11, Paul Van Noord <pau...@for-him.net> wrote:
> 9/29/2011  8:09 PM
>
> Hi George,
>
> On 9/29/2011 George M. Menegakis wrote:
>
>>>   I had hoped with my changing from XP to W7-64 this old problem would
>>>   have been gone: TB is not [fully] used for MAPI or even just MAILTO.
>
> GMM> Furthermore on x64 the exchange protocol is not working. I have
> GMM> do some research and it appears to be that in
> GMM> order to be able to use the x64 mapi protocol the bat must be
> GMM> compiled against it. Since Bat is 32bit
> GMM> application and until becomes 64 bit and be compiled against x64 mapi
> you can forget all that.
>
> If this is true why does 4.2.44.2 work perfectly here with Win 7 Pro
> 64 bit?

I assume that's because you haven't installed Office 2010 64 bit.

The exerpt below is from
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/officedevdocs/archive/2009/11/25/developing-outlook-2010-solutions-for-32-bit-and-64-bit-systems.aspx

MAPI Applications for Outlook
If your existing 32-bit MAPI application is going to be running on a
computer with 64-bit Outlook installed, you will need to rebuild your
32-bit application as a 64-bit application. Outlook 2010 provides a
set of MAPI header files that support MAPI applications to work with
both 32-bit and 64-bit Outlook 2010. Make sure you download these
header files from Outlook 2010: MAPI Header Files and rebuild your
MAPI application using these header files.
In general, the bitness of the MAPI application must be the same as
the bitness of the MAPI subsystem on the computer that the application
is targeted to run on. The bitness of the MAPI subsystem, in turn, is
determined by and always the same as the bitness of the installed
version of Outlook. So if you plan to develop a MAPI application that
will be run on computers with either a 32-bit or 64-bit version of
Outlook 2010 installed, you will need to build two separate versions
of the application, one to work with 32-bit Outlook and one to work
with 64-bit Outlook.
For more information about MAPI support for 64-bit Outlook, see
Building MAPI Applications on 32-Bit and 64-Bit Platforms.
Aside from rebuilding MAPI applications, sometimes it's necessary to
check the version of Outlook to ensure that a MAPI application calls
API elements that are supported by the currently running version of
Outlook.
To learn how to check the version of Outlook and whether the installed
version of Outlook is 64-bit Outlook 2010, see How to: Check the
Version of Outlook.
Also, to learn how to decipher Outlook version information and the
expected values for different parts of a version string for certain
released versions of Outlook, see How to determine Outlook version
information.