Dear Alto,

 --->>> Alto Speckhardt / Sunday Sun  22. Apr 2012, 01:21 PM
        [second try] IMAP - how to permanently store eMail local

RT>> Otherwise keep the IMAP connection and configure that to download
RT>> entire messages in Account|Properties|Mail management|IMAP
RT>> Fine-Tune.

> I can only speak for my personal experience, but for me this feature
> has never worked as expected and certainly doesn't with v5.0.36.2:
> No messeges are ever downloaded automatically, regardless of how
> these options are set. The message is only downloaded when first
> selected in the message bar.

In my case I have being going from folder to folder (pushing the right
Arrow  button  as  it  goes to each folder and sub-folder then to next
folder).  At  the  end I have a bout the amount of bites in the folder
(looking at folder properties).

> With the proliferation of permanent wireless access this issue has
> lost criticallity over the years, but reliability for the IMAP cache
> has not been there since it has been introduced with v3.

But  now  only now I see that it is not so much of a help anyway. Way?
Because looking at the folder using Explorer I see:

Account Name
  +- IMAP -- file 1.TBB
          -- file 1.TBN
          -- file 2.TBB
          -- file.2.TBN
          -- ect ect

But  within  TB!  IMAP Account I do see the folder structure properly.
Look  at my Post to Alto <mid:1727443654.20120422160...@gmail.com> for
folder structure.

Someone  here suggested to create a POP account and then it would read
all eMails including folders. Is that so?

--
   best regards          | Using The Bat! 5.0.36.5 (BETA)
       Eddie               | on Windows 7 6.1