On Friday, February 1, 2013, 7:37:53 AM, Gleason wrote:

>  In my experience, that most
> often happens when the server name is spelled incorrectly. A message
> that asks for a password at that point is worse than useless. I
> wouldn't mind a password prompt if the password actually is the
> problem.

theBat!  has  been  very  dependable,  in  my  experience  in  always
transmitting  the  name of the server accurately. All I am hoping for
was that I would have receiv ed a password prompt, since the password
was actually the problem.

Later  in the day I sent my original post, another of the persons who
need  to  use that account called me. He wanted to know what the heck
was  going on, because Thunderbird was reporting that the password he
was  using was incorrect. I gave him the new password and his problem
was solved.

--
 Dwight A. Corrin
 316.303.9385  phone ahead to fax
 dcorrin at fastmail.fm
 photo galleries at http://dcorrin.smugmug.com

 Using IMAP with The Bat! 5.3.6.2 (BETA) on Windows Vista version 6,0 (Service
Pack 2)