Hello tbbeta,
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018, at 10:13:46 [GMT -0400] (which was 16:13 where I
live) Gleason wrote:

> I confess my ignorance of what is acceptable in Germany.  The point being
> that humans can look at
> von Zweig and know that von is part of the last name.  Computers
> don't know that.  Out of 7 billion
> people now with us, how many will have middle name von?  or van?
> How can a computer tell the difference?
> What about Spaniards with 5 or 6 names any of which could possibly
> be van or von or de?  Not that those names
> would have the same significance as von to a German.

If i enter "von Zwerg" in the field Last name it **is** the Lastname
to be used.
I mean, the address book is a database, no a guessing instrument for a
program which think users are dumb.
The computer does not have to guess what i could mean!
And trust me there is no computer rule (Regex) or mail RFC which
defines what a last name is made of.

I think the splitting to last word of data "Last name" in addressbook
is a bug. Or a bas feature.

All my templates trust on %XXLMName is the data from "Last Name" field
of adresses.
Currently the macro %XXLName is unusable in mail templates to some of
my customers. :(

--
Regards
Gwen

Using The Bat! Version 8.5.4 (32-bit) on Windows 10.0 (Build 17134 )