M> [..] longer standing issue I have that nobody here was able to confirm.

In those circumstances the cause is probably something quite unique to
that particular system. Have you tried starting Windows in Safe Mode to
disable a bunch of drivers and services that might be interfering?
Personally, in this case I would be suspicious of mouse and video
drivers (I don't know if Safe Mode replaces those with plain vanilla
Microsoft versions.. you may have to do so manually).

Another possibility might be that you have something odd in your reply
templates (and other templates)? A common cause of 5-10s delays is when
Windows tries to access a device (like a disk drive) that is asleep due
to energy saving - but if that was it, the problem would be
intermittent.

'Using TBBETA' information: