Hello Marck,

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:59:22 +0100 GMT (10-Jun-20, 15:59 +0700 GMT),
Marck Pearlstone wrote:

> On 10 June 2020 at 09:36 Jernej Simončič wrote and made these points

JS>> On Monday, June 1, 2020, 23:48:18, Stefan Tanurkov via TBBETA wrote:

>>> - after that, we're going to remove the outdated built-in HTML
>>> renderer and IE-based system's one and use Chromium-based renderer
> ... <snip>

JS>> Oh great, another copy of Chromium running :)

JS>> I really wouldn't mind if IE stays, as long as it'd respect the Image
JS>> Download Manager (it currently doesn't).

> Except...  not even Microsoft use the IE engine any more. Edge browser
> on  Win10  uses Chrome. I am not enthusiastic about keeping ties to an
> API that the maker no longer uses.

> The  TB  native rendering engine doesn't do a great job for me. A tiny
> percentage of HTML mails show correct formatting at my end so I end up
> reluctantly  relying  on the system HTML renderer (despite the lack of
> obedience to the download manager).

Fully agree. I could make a long lsit of problems with TB's internal
HTML rendering engine, but that is moot if we will get a compeltely
new one anyway.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.1.18.2 (BETA) (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 18362