Another one (this time a real one, not a test) has this in the header:

To: =?utf-8?Q?Adrian_M=C3=B6nnich?= <adrian.moenn...@xxx.ch>,
 =?utf-8?Q?Jose_XXX=0D=0A_XXX_Lopez?= <jose.xxx....@xxx.ch>

I have the feeling it's our ancient Exchange 2010 (!) that's adding those
spurious line breaks.

In any case, I don't think preserving them makes sense - I think collapsing any
kind of consecutive whitespace into a single space would be logical there. Those
headers are most likely not supposed to contain line breaks anyway.

If you need the original email nonetheless I can send it to you privately, but
except for the different encoding it's not really different...

Cheers
Adrian

> Hello Adrian,

>> I've attached an email and screenshots on the BT entry.

> Thanks!  From what I see, the name contains special characters (see =0D=0A )
> for some reason. Generally, it's not a wise idea to use it in email address
> fields

> To:
> =?windows-1250?Q?Lorem_ipsum_dolor_sit_amet=2C_consectetur_adipiscing_elit=2C_sed_do_eius?=
> =?windows-1250?Q?mod=0D=0A_tempor_incididunt?= <adrian@....>

> So, those slashes just preserve the new line characters in the name.  It
> would be better if you privately send some real life examples to me, though...

'Using TBBETA' information: