On 19 Dec 2001, 8:15:19 AM, Allie C Martin wrote:

> Are there those who would wish to sort in *ascending* order of date
> and yet wish for the oldest message to be at the top?

My general practice is to sort by created time, with the newest on
top. But when I toggle to threaded view to put a message in context,
it seems logical to me that the thread be headed by the message which
began it. As a thread grows, there are answers to third generation
messages which are later than answers to 5th generation messages. What
does the sorting do when there are multiple messages with identical
date and time from different branches of the thread of you try to
display from bottom up. Admitted this won't happen often, but since it
can happen the code would have to deal with it.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828