On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 20:02:09 -0500, Ethan J. Mings [EJM] wrote these
comments:
>> It's very annoying to search new messages when the threading by
>> sender is active...
>> I organize my Inbox this way and when I get new messages I have to
>> search through the whole Inbox to find the right "thread" that
>> contains the message.

How about using the navigation option ... move to next unread message.
It was specifically designed for drilling down to find new messages
within threads and in threads scattered throughout a message list.
CTRL-] of CTRL+Alt+right arrow will do this for you.

This could provide a solution until the whole thing is resolved.

The problem with the solution I offer is that you have no control over
which new message is read first in that you may wish to read new
messages from a particular sender first.

Yet another temporary solution would be to use the mail ticker. It
will display the new messages for folders which are configured to use
the ticker. If you wish to view the other messages within the thread
for a new message, then double-click on the new message and another
folder opens showing the thread. When you're done, you just hit escape
and you're back on track.

--
©Allie C Martin  --  List Moderator and fellow end-user
 PGPKey - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPPubKey1