Hello Name4Anand,

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 at 00:55:50[GMT -0800](which was 08:55 where I
live) you wrote:

>     > This is a sentence I will

>         > use for an example.

That's how I like it.


> but you say you prefer the new Windows method which does this:

>         > This is a sentence I will

>         use for an example.

Definitely not :-)

RW>> See above! Occasionally I want to comment to one half of a
RW>> paragraph and then make another comment to the second half so I
RW>> insert my comment into the middle. That's why I want the quote to
RW>> continue into the second part so that it's not misconstrued as
RW>> something that I've written by mistake.

> Now I'm really confused...I think you just said what I said.  ?  The
> only way to have the quote continue into the second part so that it's
> not misconstrued as something you wrote is to have the second part of
> the quote marked as a quote (like it is now.)

> To me this looks like you said you prefer the way it is now (with the
> quote tag added to the second part of the cut quote).

Exactly and my complaint was that the new Windows editor does not do
that. I always use the Micro-ed version but, in the interests of beta
testing, had a go at the other one.

> Apologies if I am missing something really obvious here.  I split
> quotes all the time to comment to different parts and the current
> editor does it exactly how I want it (except wrapping the new cut
> part) and has done it that way as long as I can remember.  The reasons
> you gave for wanting it different sound to me like reasons for wanting
> it how it already is.  I've looked at this several times carefully
> now.

I can't remember but I'm not sure that the Windows editor was added
until after beta 4 so you probably don't have the foggiest idea what
I'm talking about anyway.

In the Micro-ed windows editor (the one TB! has always had) the quotes
split perfectly - no complaint. I was querying the fact that the new
Windows compliant editor doesn't do that.


--
Best regards,
Richard

| Using The Bat! 1.63 Beta/6 & SpamPal
| Windows 2000 (build 2195), version 5.0 Service Pack 3
| and using the best browser: Opera7


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 1.63b4 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to