> TC> I open a email and the attachment is   there with proper name and
> TC> extension but when i save it it is saved   as a number letter
> TC> combination.

> This happens to me when I double click on an attachment.  It is rather
> bothersome to me too.  I would rather I be able to pick a default
> directory for saving attachments when I double click on them and TB!
> use the correct names in that directory.

That is because it is saving to a temp file, and handling the temp file.  I
guess it is more than possible to use real names, but what happens if there
is a file in that path by the same name?  What behaviour do you want? 
Overwrite?  Confirm?  Do nothing?  How can you be sure if you really wanted
to overwrite that file?  What happens if the file is in use when you try
overwriting it?  Dealing with temp files in that situation is normally a
lot easier, and safer.

-- 
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 1.63b6 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to