Perhaps I reacted to strongly but the more we change the documented
and generally understood function of an object, the harder it is to
know what to expect.  To me, the X block at upper right means to
close, not to minimize.  The close button should mean close, not close
sometimes.   IMHO




Sunday, February 23, 2003, 12:16:27 PM, Jerry wrote:

>> I would be violently against that.   Just move the cursor to the left
>> to the minimize block.

> Why would you be againt it? Many programs that are meant to be used
> most of the time, offer such possibility, including competing product6
> like Becky mail. I frequently close the program instead of iconifying
> it.

> I asked this question on The Bat! mailing list and many people agree
> this option would be welcomed.

> If you would not want this option, you would not have to use it.

> Yours

> Jernej



-- 


Gene                          
Windows XP [version 5.1.2600]
Mail Client: Ritlabs THE BAT 1.63 Beta/7

IBM Retired   Marietta, GA  30064-5428
Home Page:    http://www.goughfamily.com/home/albums.htm
Family Tree:  http://www.goughfamily.com/familytree/goughtree.html
Professional: http://www.goughfamily.com/resume/software_expert.html


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 1.63b6 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to