-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

In <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Richard Wakeford [RW] wrote:'

RW> I wrote last week about my filter problems and I really can't
RW> understand what's happening. I thought I had them sorted but not so.

RW> Incoming mail seems to be sorted well but some outgoing just doesn't
RW> seem to want to go to the correct folders.

    My filters are quite complex and many. I've never had a problem with
    them moving mail to strange locations despite the filter being
    correctly setup. If the messages are being moved to the wrong place
    then it's most likely a filter setup problem, rather than a bug.

    I suggest going through the filters again.

RW> I have several sub folders, eg Main folder A, sub folder BB, and it
RW> seems that mail to these sub folders is not being sorted properly.
RW> Originally it was put into another totally unrelated folder but now
RW> gets sorted to Trash!

    Do you have another outgoing filter that moves messages to trash?
    Could this filter be catching messages you don't intend it to, and
    as a result, filtering them before they reach the filter rule you
    really want to be used on these messages?

    The filter rules are applied starting from top and working
    downwards. When a filter rule matches a message, the actions are
    applied and the messages is no longer processed with subsequent
    filters unless the matching filter rule has the option 'continue
    processing with other filters enabled'. However, note that if the
    matching rule, moves the message to a new location, the option
    'continue processing with other filters' will not work.

    You may have a filter ordering problem, or the string search for
    your filters are not precise enough and hence messages intended for
    one filter is being caught by another filter.

- --
  -=] allie_M [=-  {List Moderator}
               -
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: My Public Keys - http://www.ac-martin.com/pgpkeys.html

iD8DBQE+W0bnV8nrYCsHF+IRAokHAKDj0nMlSTB0gza8tOb27bGViKCO7QCfUUwI
7/BGl3zZoubIg6rsfAx7K5I=
=aTgu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 1.63b6 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to