Hello TB Beta List,

In "Add_Reference Now Works" posted to the TB Tech List, I presented a
fairly robust solution to rethread messages.  It works with both
In-Reply-To and References block.  There can be none, only one block,
both blocks and they can be anywhere in the message, contiguous or not
and in any order.

I tested it with every possibility I could think of (21 test
messages).

I ran into two problems with Beta/9.  The first is it didn't work for
any of the 21 tests.  Changing the ending `\n\n\z` to `\n\z` had it
working fine in Beta/9 - something changed in Beta/9 wrt, I think,
space at the end of %Header.

The second problem is that, although the macro response quickly in 19
of the tests, 2 were quite slow (around 5 seconds on an 800 Mhz P3).
Those 2 cases never happen (a In-Reply-To block without a References
block and appearing at the start of the header, and a References block
without a In-Reply-To block also appearing at the start of the
header).

I retested on 1.62r and didn't see any performance problems for those
two cases.  There appears to be some regex evaluation slowdown in the
Beta.

Bill

 Current beta is 1.63b9 | "Using TBBETA" information: