On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 06:24:17 [UTC-0400] (Saturday, June 7, 2003
12:24 my local time) Bill McCarthy wrote:

<snip>

BM> I retested on 1.62r and didn't see any performance problems for those
BM> two cases.  There appears to be some regex evaluation slowdown in the
BM> Beta.

The regexp evaluation is untouched and it works as fast as previously. I
think the main sources of problems in such filters with beta8 and beta9 are
the errors in referencing message during its export to the file. All filters
which export message to a text file and simultaneously move this message
to another folder generates bad contents of the file. The Bat! looses
the bounds with selected message during this move. See for example the
message of Marek Mikus (mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) - this
is the same category of errors!

Zygmunt Wereszczynski
(Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A )

 Current beta is 1.63b9 | "Using TBBETA" information: