Hello all Beta testers,

I have started a new thread to follow from "Bugs in v2.00 scheduler?" as the
latter  has  developed  into  dealing  only with the ALT+F6 issue, which now
seems  to  have  now reached finality.

The  other  issue  of  scheduler  programming  malfunction  has been largely
ignored,  except  for  some  correspondents  who could not confirm my problem.
However I have done some more experiments and now realise how my malfunction
occurred,  and  I think the matter needs more consideration.  The problem is
as follows:

If   I   start   to  program  the  scheduler  via  the  following  sequence:
Tools/Scheduler/Right-click/New  ,  the  window which appears contains a small
data-window  in  which the 'at time'can be set. If the time is set by means
of  the  small up/down arrows at the right hand side of the data-window then
it is accepted  by the scheduler. However, if one TYPES in new data (to
save  time),  as  can  be  done  in  other applications, the new time is not
accepted, the scheduler instead accepts the last time entered by means of the
up/down arrows. This is best illustrated by an example:

1. Assume the time shown when the programming window opens is .. 23.15.00
2. By means of up/down arrows this is changed to ............... 22.15.00
3. User realises he has a long way to go and types in .......... 11.15.00
4. If one OK's this, closes scheduler and reopens it, the programming window
still shows 11.15.00, but the scheduler is set to operate at ... 22.15.00

The other data-windows seem to accept type-in programming!

I now have two questions;
1. Can others confirm this behaviour?
Assuming it is confirmed, then
2.  Do  you  think  TB  developers  should  be  asked  to include the type-in
facility?

With  regard  to  the  second  question I don't think it is so much that the
type-in facility is an essential need, but rather that without it some users
will have errors occurring because they are used to using the type-in method
in  other applications. For example many may have set their Windows internal
clock by this method.

 --

Best regards,

Roger

Using The Bat! v2.00 on Windows ME, v4.90 Build 3000                        


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.00 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to