Hello Avi,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:53:34 +0200 GMT (21/10/2003, 06:53 +0700 GMT),
Avi Yashar wrote:

> Can anyone explain why v2.x occasionally sends messages with an extra
> blank line after each line in a plain-text message?

No, v2 doesn't; YahooGroups adds that extra blank line, but not for
all members of the lists.

> I belong to some Yahoo groups, and ever since upgrading to v2.x I have
> been getting messages that I sent to lists come back to me stretched
> vertically on the page. It happened in all of the betas I tried and
> also in v2.01. No one has indicated that this bug is fixed in v2.01.3,
> so I don't find any reason to try it.

That's because it is not a bug in TB, it is a bug in YG's software. TB
users have found out that the double-spacing almost always occurs when
you PGP-MIME sign your messages; so without this sig, the postings
should arrive fine. But not all of them...

> This is really annoying. I have no idea why it happens or how to
> prevent it - short of reverting to v1.x (where this problem never
> occurred). Indeed, for now, that is what I have done.

v1.x didn't know PGP/MIME. Do you sign your messages that way with v2?

-- 

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste.

I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is
wait/plan/plan.

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.01
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A 
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM



________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.00.22 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to