Hi Keith,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:58:31 -0600 GMT (10/21/2003, 12:58 PM +0500 GMT my
time), Keith Russell wrote:

>> On second thought, it should not matter if Bayes is already on
>> 127.0.0.1, as Bayes is already used, but for POP3, port 110, and Xray
>> is used for SMTP (port 25). Untested, but very possibly you would not
>> need to do anything different.

K> In my case, it does matter, because SpamBayes uses 25 for training....

Well, just a thought, but I don't know if Xray actually "captures" port 25
and makes it dedicated, or just uses it for SMTP sending on demand, and
then releases port 25... A true MTA daemon will capture the SMTP on 25 and
not allow another MTA to utilize it. If it does not make it dedicated, you
could possibly also use Bayes on 25 too, while training. I have not seen
the code for Bayes, so I don't know if it also makes itself dedicated on
port 25 while in training mode, but I doubt it, else no one could their
own mail server while it is in training. <g>

--
Gary

Dain bramaged.

 Using TB! 2.01.3 on SUSE Linux exclusively.


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.00.22 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to