Greetings Stuart,

->|> Yes I have that checked. Again are you using the latest version of
->|> Avast which included the plug-in with the program. I'm not sure, if
->|> you are using the old plug-in, that the problem will be there.

Yep, I'm using the latest version, with the "official plug-in" which
is 4.1.335.

I did use the Old plugin awhile back, but installed the new one from
the official release.

It seems to work OK here.

I downloaded 4.1.335, then ran the Add/Remove Programs wizard,
selecting Remove/Change for Avast!  I then put a tick mark beside the
Plug-in, and Avast! installed it.

I then ran TB, selected the Plug-In, checked the boxes, and off we
went.  I monitored the log, and it is definitely checking the mail as
it comes in (and now as it goes out).

 Scott
Forget Outlook Express, I use The Bat! 2.03.47
On an ECS K7S5A with an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ and 512Megs of Crucial DDR RAM (PC2100).
Burdened by: Windows XP Home (V 5.1.2600)

 Current beta is 2.03 Beta/47 | "Using TBBETA" information: