Hello P,

On Friday, April 16, 2004 at 17:07 GMT -0400, crowds cheered as P S
Graham unveiled:

> Perhaps I am missing your meaning, but I already do this using the
> 'groups' functionality of the exisitng AB. Create a Group - Right
> Click - New - Group and on down.

That's what I do, but I think the wish would provide more levels of
organization.  I read the wish as a wish for "folders" for the AB.  If
I'm right, that would allow you to nest groups, which could be very
useful for some.

Right now, you can have two organizational levels, one by separating
into ABs, then within an AB you can have groups. But that's it. Plus,
if you put contacts in different ABs, they can't mix for a particular
group without duplicating some of the entries.

The other difficulty is if you use groups as a way of making lists,
like "Friday's Party Guests".  You may not want to *organize*
your contacts based on whether they are in a particular list.

I haven't found a scheme, nor can I think of one, that would organize
my contacts perfectly.  I guess the wish would just allow some to get
closer to their ideal.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Current beta is v2.10 RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: