Hi all,

First off, I do like the new smileys.  And while I appreciate that
they were developed off the clock so to speak, they're in the public
beta now and, as always, the devil's in the details.

The first issue I noticed is a cosmetic one.  If a smiley is included
in quoted text and the smiley is taller than the text line would
ordinarily be, the quoted text marker lines up with the top of the
line, not with the rest of the text on the line.  No big deal, but
looks bad IMO.

More seriously, if you select some text that includes a smiley and hit
F4 to reply, the smiley is omitted from the quoted text.

On a similar note, if you copy selected text to the clipboard, text
representations of any embedded smileys are omitted.

I tried replacing one of the default 18x18 .ico files with a 16x16 one
I liked better.  When TB! rendered the new image it stretched it
vertically to what looked like about twice its normal height.  I need
to mess with this more to see what's going on.

And, for completeness sake, I'll mention the "Start In" folder thing
here...

-- 
George

Using The Bat! 2.11 Beta/8 on Windows XP Pro 5.1, Build 2600, Service Pack 1.


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.11 Beta/8 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html
IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first -
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/

Reply via email to