Hello MAU,
Saturday, October 16, 2004, 6:51:18 AM, you wrote:

M> Hello Munango-Keewati,

>> If accidentally clicking on a column header nukes the view mode you
>> spent an hour creating, it's hard to call that a feature.

M> Because it was designed that way, it _is_ a feature. But I'd agree with
M> you that it is not a desirable one and should be changed.

 Suggestion:
 What if when you click on a header it changes the view mode but by
 default when you leave the currently viewed folder the change is
 lost. This way you can retain your carefully set up Viewmode without
 having to worry about an errant click.
 Then if you really wanted this Viewmode change to become permanent
 there could be a choice on Right click that offers to "Save current
 Layout". This way you wouldn't always have to answer this question
 everytime you wanted to make a temporary change, but could still use
 the click on header approach to change the layout.

 If there were any support I would make it a wish.

--
 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: