On Friday, October 15, 2004, 4:37:08 AM, 9Val wrote:
> Hello Munango-Keewati,

MK>> Frankly, I can't consider a program to be serious, professional
MK>> offering when a basic function--common to all similar programs,
MK>> in your face every time you look at the main screen--doesn't work
MK>> properly.  Sorting by columns should not change saved view modes.

> Hmm,   it   is   not   a  bug  (it  works  as designed), but a feature
> request.

If accidentally clicking on a column header nukes the view mode you
spent an hour creating, it's hard to call that a feature.

I use the (undocumented) Ctrl + RMB-click-on-column-header technique
to multiply sort columns in my view modes. For instance, in my Inbox
view mode I might sort first by read status, second by received date,
third by sender, and fourth by subject. (Very nice feature, by the
way.) One errant mouse click on a column header and --bam!--it's gone.
I have to recreate it from scratch. This is not a "feature" I
appreciate.

If sorting by columns changes the view mode, then it loses it's basic
usefulness as a quick way to group together all messages from a given
sender, etc.  Or view modes becomes unusable.

Hold your cursor over a column header and right click.  You're offered
the option to save the column settings to a view mode.  I should have
to use this feature if I want the changes saved.  Otherwise they
should be discarded when I move to a different folders.

--
Best,

M-K
Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222 A
"There is no doubt in my mind that millions of lives could have been
saved if the people had not been 'brainwashed' about gun ownership and
they had been well armed. Hitler's thugs and goons were not very brave
when confronted by a gun. Gun haters always want to forget the Warsaw
Ghetto uprising, which is a perfect example of how a ragtag,
half-starved group of Jews took up ten handguns and made asses out of
the Nazis."--Theodore Haas, former prisoner of the infamous Dachau
concentration camp.

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: