Hello Alexander,

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:00:54 +0600 GMT (06/10/2004, 09:00 +0700 GMT),
Alexander Leschinsky wrote:

TF>> My show-stopper (so severe that I don't even use any v3 beta version
TF>> any more) is the 100%-CPU usage when opening a folder.
AL> Every and each folder or only some?

Only the folders with high numbers of messages. Under 1,000 opens
pretty quickly, and over 10,000 is so slow that I have recreated my
folder tree so that no folder has more than 10,000 messages.

It does not seem to depend on the size of messages, though. I keep
attachments in the body, and some folders have many messages with
large attachments. It is just the number of the messages. Deleting the
..tbi files doesn't help.

AL> In my Win98 life I liked "Scandisc-defrag" on Saturdays

I use Diskeeper Light 2-3 times per week, right after purging and
compressing all folders and deleting thousands of bat*.tmp files from
the Windows/Temp directory. After the defrag, there is only a slight
and temporary improvement.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain
silent?

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A

 Current beta is 3.01 RC/5 | 'Using TBBETA' information: