Allie Martin [AM], wrote:

AM> For some time, my experience was that with the synchronisation options
AM> for TB! set to work like ThunderBird's sync routines, their performance
AM> is about the same. Where ThunderBird get's the better of TB! is when
AM> you're forcing it to fulfil multiple requests. For example, you select a
AM> folder to update counts and sync headers and then move to another folder
AM> to continue reading new messages. ThunderBird will spawn another
AM> connection to do both tasks, while TB! will have to do all those tasks
AM> via the same connection.

Following Allie's lead I have played around with the various settings
and come up with optimum settings for my server. Perhaps we should
start sharing this information, get confirmations etc. so Ritlabs can
have an IMAP wizard based on server/connection type? Part of the
problem with TB! IMAP support is the many combinations of options.

...<snip>

>> I did some experimenting tonight and found that reloading the message
>> often displays the body. Is there a keystroke for that, so I don't
>> have to navigate the menu every time?

AM> How do you reload the message? I didn't know that you could reload a
AM> message from the server. AFAIK, it's downloaded once and isn't
AM> downloaded again, unless you purge the folders cache, otherwise the
AM> message is loaded from the cache from then on.

I haven't tried this but I guess it's Message->Reload.

--
.\\artin | ICQ 15893823

"Adventure is the result of poor planning." COL. BLASHFORD SNELL
IMAP Client: The Bat! Version 3.0.2.4 Rush | Horde IMP WebMail
IMAPS Server: Dovecot | OS: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)

 Current beta is 3.0.2.4 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: