Hello Maurice,

<snipped quite a bit>
> This leads me to two wishes:
>
> 1) Filters should 'collect' all actions-to-be-taken and perform only
> the last move on multiple moves.

As I think Boris has mentioned, that would probably be difficult to
achieve with current NFS implementation. Anyway, I think I would oppose
to such a wish because it would reduce the  possibilities of what you
can do with filters right now.

> 2) It should be possible to create a purely organizational container
> level (sub)filter where processing of filters further down the list
> occurs automatically if none of the subfilters yielded an action.

If I have understood correctly what you want to do I would also oppose
to this wish because I think there are ways of doing what you want. They
way that things are now that processing of a filter depends _only_ on the
previous filters triggering or not and on the "continue processing"
status of previous filters is the correct way of doing things. Making
the processing of a filter depend on the triggering or not of filters in
a lower hierarchy would break the whole purpose of the hierarchy
structure.

Now, I said I think you can achieve what you want without any changes to
the way things are now. Boris has already pointed the use of parameters
but, apparently, there is some bug in the use of parameters. I don't
know, I have not tested. But maybe it is also that Boris has suggested the
use of parameters in a slightly different way that I would do it.

What I would do is:

Filter A               (set to continue processing)
       Sub-Filter A1   (whatever action + set parameter P)
       Sub-Filter A2   (whatever action + set parameter P)
Filter B               (whatever condition + parameter P NOT set)
       Sub-Filter B1
       Sub-Filter B2

I there is a bug in the use of parameters, then a I would use a colour
group instead. I have not tested but it should work.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.2.6 on Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4

 Current beta is 3.0.2.7 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: