jueves, 24 feb 2005 at 20:28, it seems you wrote:

> Currently, The Bat! keeps its files in two directories:
> 1. The read-only program files in the "Program Files" folder
> 2. The files that it modifies in the "MAIL Directory"

> We don't like to make one additional directory besides the "MAIL
> directory", we don't like to have three different directories.
Well  in  this  case, TB! should create or mark the ini files with the
Windows  username  it's  using the program. If you don't separate this
the different users of the program will have the same configurations

> But if there is rationale for this third directory, please let us know.

The   old   ini   files  where  deprecated  with  the registry because
with  the old ini files each program had one only configuration. Later
in Win2000 M$ added the Documents&Settings folder.

I only said one think. Now with the registry each user could have it's
config. If TB! uses ini files if TB! don't marks or uses different ini
files  for  each user all the users of the computer will have the same
configuration, and if one user changes something the others users will
get also the same changes.

BsPlayer  (www.bsplayer.org)  uses xml files marked with the username.
Example:  BSPlayer.User1.xml  and BSPlayer.User2.xml. You could create
folders on mail folder or where you like for the user ini files.

--
  /\    /                     Using The Bat! 3.0.2.10 Professional
 /  \  /     \  /             Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 1)

 Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: