Clive Taylor wrote:

Well, as a sample of one, I've given up on TB.

I just went through the last few days of IMAP posts, and it looks like there might actually be six or seven of us still around....

IMAP operation is a disaster - and the prog seems to be going backwards in this area. It's so slow and unreliable here as to be just unusable - I really don't understand why Mulberry, OE, Thunderbird and Outlook all perform to a good to excellent standard and TheBat acts like the earliest possible concept alpha (even on released versions).

This has been my impression, too. It seems as though every new version fixes a few things and breaks more.

Now and again I install the latest beta and then lose patience and shut the prog down for a few more weeks.

Exactly my experience, as well, but it's stretched into months at this point. Every time I install a new version, I experience some initial excitement and then suddenly it becomes unusable again.

With v4 of Mulberry nearly ready and Thunderbird getting better it's unlikely that TheBat! will stay on my system for much longer.

I've reached just about the same point. I'm ready to start testing the Mulberry beta. I'm not ready to uninstall TB! (I have too much of an investment in time and money in it to completely give up), but I think I'll restrict myself to testing major releases only--unless and until IMAP begins working properly (although there hasn't been a big difference between betas and released versions lately).

PS for all POP users out there, I think TheBat! is unsurpassed for this protocol!

Agreed. I've almost found myself wishing lately that I hadn't switched to IMAP, but I can never go back to POP3.

It's looking more and more like it's going to be impossible for RIT to continue to patch a POP3 client and eventually create a successful IMAP client. Not only is it unreliable, but there are still important IMAP features missing (such as labels), and there appears to be no interest in adding them.

Good luck to you.

Current beta is 3.0.9.15 Return | 'Using TBBETA' information: