Hello graham,

>  Easy to test, fire up Task manager and look at the memory allocation. Hit
> send/
> receive for an account (mine is set as combined immediate) and watch the
> memory
> usage raise by 40k ((fine).. but then it falls back again - but only 20k (no
> messages sent or received).
> Repeat as often as you want... watch you memory disappear
> Logged as https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=4531 if you want to confirm.

I confirm, but not completely. I will explain.

At first it seems to happen as you say, not exactly 40K but memory usage
keeps increasing. Now, if instead of connecting when I am viewing some
folder I select an account on the folder tree (so that nothing is viewed
on the message list or message pane) I can send/receive any number of
times with no change at all in memory usage. I have also noticed that
just changing the message I am viewing (selecting a different one on the
message list) does increase memory usage many times.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.5 Return RC1 on Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4

 Current beta is 3.5 Return RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: