Hi Tony,
  On 03/05/2005 12:50 PM +0100, you wrote:

 My point exactly. Every other piece of software I have, when I
update it  it does so with very little fuss without the need to
delete numerous  obsolete file, with very minimal user input and upon
reboot it runs  complete with previous settings.

When the alphas were released, we were told that they would involve using a series of files instead of the usual single executable. When I heard this, I knew that I had a choice to make. 1. I use the alpha with the plan to delete the extra files once they became obsolete. I took note of them and I've since removed them. I didn't really expect anything else from RIT. 2. Stay away from the alphas with the many files, until a more advanced package is released for testing. This was from v3.0.9.18.

If it was migration from full release to another full release version that no longer used certain files, then it's up to RIT to ensure that the obsolete files are removed, especially if they interfere with operations of the new version.

As to the prevailing problems, some of which have prevailed for long periods, it's indeed distressing though I see that 9Val and others are trying to make things better. I'll continue to test at intervals, but that last RC is disappointing for IMAP. I'll test as the fight continues because TB! IMAP development does seem to be making out to be a challenging task.

--
 Allie Martin
System specs: http://www.ac-martin.com/sysspecs.htm

________________________________________________________ Current beta is 3.5 Return RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first - http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/