Hi Mary

[snip]

MB> I  think  this  cause  can be ruled out in the case of the random failure to
MB> quote smileys from RTV when the smiley-imaging function is enabled.

MB> Mainly  because  Miguel reproduced the behavior--though not at will--using a
MB> template without any regular expressions.

Agreed.  I'm  now  leaning  towards a theory involving discrepancies between the
email  document  as  it  actually  exists  on  file and the view of the document
presented in the RTV - ie, that TB! is perhaps using the view of the document as
a  source  for  quotes  when  replying  rather  than  the  document itself. Pure
speculation,  of  course. I'm sure the guys at RitLabs know the code much better
than do I. :)

MB> However,  I'm  going  to  test it further using a template that doesn't have
MB> regular expressions and see how it goes. Just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Good luck. I'll keep playing with this myself, too. I'd like to find a pattern.

--
Groetjes
Natasha

The Bat! 3.5.25 on Windows XP Professional 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2