Hi Tony,
   --<> 07.06.2005 19:54 +0100:

I  think  that  the  IMAP  servers  that are giving troubles should be
identified and they should do some in-house testing before sending out
this crippled betas.

Mary I've even changed IMAP servers at my own cost in order to see if
that improves TB's performance on my machine and all it did was improve
threading when I use Mulberry.

Me too, Tony. Before I went to Fastmail, I used to deal with a big German provider. Let's say, one of the best in web-hosting. It was okay, but not even good. They didn't provide server side filtering and filtering with TB! on IMAP accounts seems to be a big problem, as you did see on your own setup before Fastmail.

Don't want to say, that it was only TB! why I moved to Fastmail - I would never regret having moved too Fastmail, 'cause it's great. But TB! was one point, which I moved away with email from my web-hoster.

In Mulberry I just tested the old one. I think I don't have to tell you, that it was really nice. Now I know, why they told me, that they didn't heard of IMAP problems with their servers, when I contacted them at that time, saying IMAP is poor slow.

--
Manuel, http://www.manuel-breitfeld.de