Hi Michael,

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:31:11 -0500 (11:31 AM here), Michael Acklin
[MA] wrote in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

MA> I was just doing a F9 on your headers of this message looking for
MA> your key, 0x3A8E5CAD, and I noticed something. I don't know if you
MA> have tried to start The Bat! with OTFE off. This is what I saw in
MA> your header:

This is a custom header added by me when The Bat's mailing lists
started being carried by the Gmane usenet organization. It helps
ensure my e-mail address is protected should the lists be setup
incorrectly or accidentally changed. Below is a snippet from the Gmane
FAQ. I've never used OTFE.

==============================
For people who really don't want to expose their email addresses,
Gmane implements an address encryption scheme, coupled with a
challenge/response mail delivery scheme.

Encryption

A list administrator may request that the entire list be encrypted.
Each individual user may also do so by putting a X-Archive: encrypt
header into their messages.

--
Kevin Coates
Dewitt, NY USA

Using TB! v3.5.24 under Windows XP 5.1.2600 SP2
(see kludges for my pgp key)