Hi, all.

Here I am again, ready for another try...and I can't get the program to install!

I am installing over a very old beta version (didn't write down the beta version and now I can't run the program). Before starting the installation I renamed the installation folder from "TheBat" to "The Bat!" (Finally graduated from DOS and I'm converting all my file and folder names to use spaces. :-))

I think the existing version may have been installed from an msi (several months ago), and that might be related to the problem I'm having (but I'm not sure).

I started the installation and was prompted to install to the "TheBat" folder. I corrected the location and continued. The program popped up a dialog saying:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation folder thebat_professional.msi. Interestingly, the pathname it was trying to install from was the path an old version on a logical drive that doesn't even exist on my system any more!

I browsed to the correct location for the installation file-- which, of course, is not named "thebat_professional.msi", but rather "thebat_pro_3-51.msi"--and continued. I then got this message:

"The file thebat_pro_3-51.msi is not a valid installation package".

Ideas? Do I need to uninstall the old version before installing this? Or what?

Thanks for your help.

--
Keith