In all fairness, the company is now in Chapter 7.

My question is aimed at trying to find the real comparison that would
be used.  One of my criteria is that the software has be "a going
concern".  Not one from a ceased company.

I suspect that Mulberry will continue to be relevant and wanted for a number of years yet irrespective of the state of the company, because a number of academic institutions have invested so many resources into the prog. There's also a feeling in the Mulberry group that it might be possible for it to go open source.

Time will tell, but the feeling of the more vocal members of the group is that Thunderbird might be an acceptable alternative in the long run <shudder>.

--
Regards

Clive Taylor

Current beta is 3.61.11 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: