On 20/12/2005 at 8:13:54 AM [GMT -0500], Curtis wrote:

> I've been noting problems with smooth user input response while
> composing messages. It's as though the system is very busy. When I
> check TB! in the task manager, it's consistently using at least 15%
> CPU time. When it's actually checking the server, CPU time goes up to
> spikes of 45% and is at least 35% at all times!

> I note the problem more on my office system which has less RAM and CPU
> power than my home system.

> I have AVG installed and have since deleted the plugin to see if this
> could be the cause and nothing has changed since doing so. I have no
> other plugins or spam proxies installed here. No firewall either
> except that for XP.

On my home installation, TB! does fall to zero% CPU activity in between
server checks. I'm using AVG there as well. Hmmm. I probably need to
clean the caches for all folders at work.

Anyway, the expunge/compress function doesn't work anymore it would
seem.

--
  -= Curtis =-
The Bat!™ v3.63.16 (Beta) / http://specs.aimlink.name