Hi ya'll,

  Well, just installed the new TB, and I logged onto a distant IMAPS server
using SSL on port 993... just like I have done for years...

Since the 2 year SSL cert has just expired on this server, I cannot log on,
(set up for SSL only) as TB says "handshake failure..... invalid server
cert... (cert has expired).. even though the cert is in my root cert chain
in TB, and has been for years.

This is wrong...... it should ***ALWAYS*** be left to the user to decide
whether to continue to use any cert, whether expired, or incorrect name, or
whatever reason.... now, I cannot use IMAPS with this one remote IMAPS
server because it just expired...... nothing ticks me off more than a
program trying to protect me from something. No other IMAP client does this.
So just how am I supposed to get my mail from this IMAPS server during the
weekend, or until the owner of the server changes his cert? Answer, use a
IMAP efficient client.

I should decide what I want to use and when regarding certs, not TB!  TB! is
useless for me currently.

-- 
Regards,
 Gary   





________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 3.85.03 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html
IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first -
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/

Reply via email to