On Sat 2-Jun-07 10:49am -0600, Peter Kerekes wrote:

> Saturday, June 2, 2007, 10:54:08 AM, you wrote:

Stuart>> Hello Peter,
Stuart>>   A reminder of what Peter Kerekes typed on:
Stuart>>   Saturday, June 02, 2007 at 10:44:48 GMT -0400

PK>>> I upgraded to the new version, (unpaid). however found much more errors
PK>>> than in the old version.
>
PK>>> False positive was about 0.1% false negative around 1%. Now I find a large
PK>>> number of false negatives, for mail which is has a filter to go to certain
PK>>> folders (such is tbot and others). Suddenly a large number of messages are
PK>>> filtered to junk mail.
>
PK>>> After seeing this I put an address in the whitelist of the
Antispamsniper's
PK>>> filtering system. It still filters it to junk mail.
>
PK>>> I don't think I suppose to retrain the upgraded version. Why do I have
this
PK>>> problem? How can I resolve it? Can I go back to the previous version
without
PK>>> destroying my trained data file?
>
PK>>> If this is not the right forum could someone direct me there.

Stuart>> You may want to go here for some answers: www.antispamsniper.com/forum

Stuart>> Are you using IMAP or POP3.

Stuart>> I am not seeing this at all, although mine is the paid version. As a
Stuart>> matter of fact it is considerably better at filtering spam. I'm not
Stuart>> sure what the differences are between the versions and it this would
Stuart>> have an effect. You do have to make some changes in the Servers tab in
Stuart>> order to get IMAP filtering working properly.

> Thanks for the lead. I use pop3.

Thanks for your comments.  I'm using an older free version
(1.8.0.8) which works fine.  If updating causes false
detections and buying it causes "black holes" in the icon
list, I guess I'll stick with what I've got.

Bill
TB! Pro 3.99.8  AntispamSniper 1.8.0.8  XP Pro SP2  POP3