Hello all,

Yes, I have. I was writing my second reply to Maggie Meister when I
realised the spell checker "wasn't working". To be coherent, I should be
a little more specific and explain what I mean by "not working",
shouldn't I? ;)

My facts and what I observed was:

- I normally use 'Automatic checking' with CSAPI British English.

- While writing to Maggie I made an outstanding typo and noticed no red
underline, it wasn't detected as misspelled.

- I visually checked what I had already written and found a few other
typos not flagged as misspelled either.

- I double checked to see if I had 'Automatic check' selected as, due
to testing and the fact that menu icon may be a bit misleading because
it includes the red checkmark, I would not be the first time I had it
not selected. But it was. So, hey! My spell checker wasn't "working"!

- I then tried "Check entire text" (F4) and, to my surprise, this would
find every single word as misspelled (actually as 'Not in dictionary'
in the Spell checking dialog) but it did not offer any suggestions for
replacement, the 'Change to' and 'Suggestions' were completely blank. I
also noticed that 'Add words to' dropdown was also black when it usually
shows my CSAPI user dictionary for British English.

- A problem with CSAPI perhaps?

- I switch to SSCE American English only with same results. No
misspelled words if 'Automatic checking' and also exactly same results
if 'Checking entire text'. And this was with SSCE now. Hmmmm!

- I closed the editor and opened a new window with same results. I did
try this several times and... spell checker "not working" ;)

- Finally, I re-started TB and everything is back to normal. So, go
figure!

The one thing that may be important to highlight to Rit guys is that
both CSAPI and SSCE suddenly "ceased" to work, which may point out to
something common to both engines.

Quite obviously, if I see it happen again, I will try to figure out
what was I exactly doing to see if I can repeat it at will.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.0.14.2 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2