[Reply to: »Hendrik Oesterlin« · 2008-02-20 · 20:37 h (CET)]

Hello, Hendrik!

> All seem to be correct.

> Do you have an macro in your template that could cause the strange
> behaviour at your machine? I have only one macro in my template:
> %BLANK

Argh! - This drives me nuts!

Hours and hours I was searching for the root cause of this strange
behavior, yesterday. I found out that two of my eight accounts
contain this problem, but none of them used a macro or something else
which could change the character set.

But now you gave me the decisive hint. I tested with a blank template
like yours and voilá - the character set was okay! :-)

So I checked my template again and found out that the root cause was
the typographical dash ([alt]+0151). Wikipedia "told" me that Latin 9
does not contain this character:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-15>

Now I am thinking about turning to Unicode (utf-8) as default
character set. -  Could this cause problems with other mail clients,
which receive my messages? I would not think so.

Thank you all for your help!

Cheers!
VA, who is now "repairing" his bat! ;-)

- --
Q&A <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> — Date: 2008-02-21
Direct eMail without [tbb] in subject line will end in Nirvana!
Using The Bat! 4.0.14.3 [Pro] on Windows XP [Pro] Service Pack 2.

»I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
up where I intended to be.«

Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)