Hi Vili!

> I think, this mail should have gone to TBUDL.

Good point. Just forgot about this list. ;-) I'm also subscribed but I
never write there...

>> And  what does the option "default charset" in the folder properties
>> box  do?  Is  this  the  charset  which  is used when creating a new
>> message  or  replying  a  message? And what about the "use character
>> set"  option in account properties / new message template? Does this
>> override  other  settings  or  is  this  overridden  by  the  folder
>> properties?
> While  you  wrote  this message, a quick test would have given you the
> answer.  :)  So,  instead of answer this, I encourage you to make that
> test.
> (I  hope  you dont feel I am rude: I would do the same to my daughter:
> let her explore things to make her _better_.)

Sure, I could try but there are two reasons I did not:

1) I get asked all day about computer problems so in this case I just
behave like my customers. It's quicker and easier, also I don't want to
invent the wheel a second time. ;-)

2) I can try the behaviour of these settings and afterwards I can say how
it works, maybe. But I don't know the real reasons why there are several
possibilities to set the charset.

--

Regards,
Martin

The Bat! v4.0.18.6 powered by Windows Server "Longhorn" Server 4.0 6.0 Build
6001 Service Pack 1

ConCarne cooks best since 1998
http://www.concarne.org