Hello Alto,

>> Have you tried menu View/Toolbars and de-selecting Quick Search?
>
> Yes, I have: This removes the toolbar "Search", but has no effect on
> the input line.

A couple of questions:

- What version of TB are you using and what OS?

- From the GIF you attached in your first message I can see you used
Customiser to at least select the Options 'Show button captions' and
'Use menu icons for all toolbars'. Any other customisations?

- When Roleof asked you to delete tbuser.def (.eff), did you save it and
restored it afterwards?

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.0.28.4 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3