Hello Kertész,

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:44:30 +0100 GMT (20/11/2008, 18:44 +0700 GMT),
Kertész Vilmos wrote:

V>>> But we all agree that if The Bat! cannot save the 1st mail, it should
V>>> NOT download the other messages

>> No.  A  single  message  cannot be stored because some program (like
>> antivirus)  has  blocked it, for example. Do you want to sit without
>> the rest of your mail while you're trying to find out what's wrong?

KV> Compared to lose the following mails: yes.

No. I'm with Stefan on this one, I wouldn't want to wait.

The problem is clearly caused by Gmail. If they don't fix their
software to behave according to standard, just avoid them.

V>>> OR: be sure before download a mail that it will be able to store it:
V>>> check size and check if it can store the temp file on the HDD.
>> TB! checks for free space already.
V>>> Furthermore, if "Delete from server" is set (some simple POP server,
V>>> no GMAil), ONLY delete from server if it could store it.
>> The delete command is sent only after a message was processed
>> properly.
>> So, nothing is wrong on our side, GMail works in a very special (and
>> strange) way and this causes some misunderstanding.

KV> I know how it works and we agree that it is strange.

KV> I just did not know that you dont delete the mails until it is
KV> imported into TB!

KV> So, please confirm: TB deletes a mail from the server ONLY if
KV> - it is instructed to do it
KV> - the mail is imported already into TB.

This has always been the case.

KV> If  this  is the case, I suggest showing a big red alert window to let
KV> the  user  know  about  the  unsuccessful  import,  with some possible
KV> reasons,  what  to  check.  Only a log window is not enough. User v1.0
KV> wont check the log.

I don't want any red windows. I'm not user v1.0, the log is enough.
Please don't let TB! go the way for the stupidest user imaginable.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.28.4

 Current beta is 4.0.37.26 (ALPHA) | 'Using TBBETA' information: