Hello MAU,

> A friend of mine is considering the subject upgrade. Since "it has
> rained so much" since 1.62r, is it safe to just install 4.1.5 on
> top? He hardly uses any filters and just a few templates.

Yes, it's safe. I was trying upgrading from even earlier version to 4
and all filters were imported OK. Just don't upgrade via backup,
simply install a new version over the old one. If you want to make a
backup, simply backup the files with an archiver like ZIP or RAR and
also export the registry branch via the regedit.

 Maxim                            mailto:m...@ritlabs.com