Hello Maxim,

> Yes, it's safe. I was trying upgrading from even earlier version to 4
> and all filters were imported OK. Just don't upgrade via backup,
> simply install a new version over the old one.

Thanks Maxim, I'll let him know.

> If you want to make a backup, simply backup the files with an archiver
> like ZIP or RAR and also export the registry branch via the regedit.

That is what I personally do every night as part of a Second Copy profile
(http://www.secondcopy.com/) that backs up all my "important" data, and
that is the procedure I was going to recommend.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.1.5 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3