Guten Morgen,

BR> Now that my message base is in the new (version 4.0 on) format, I don't
BR> think I can "go back" to an older version of TB.

You could always try to copy the local mails to an IMAP folder in the
current version, then retrieve them again (thereby creating a brand
new messagebase) in an older version. Although with exactly the
component you need to do this, IMAP, not working correctly, I agree
that this might be just a little bit tedious... ;-)

But didn't someone report a few weeks ago that the final v4.0-version
supported a graceful downgrade of the messagebase? Can someone
confirm or negate that?

BR> However, I also think RitLabs is doing their best to really
BR> redesign their IMAP module for TB, and I admire their
BR> perseverance.

Eventually. And so far, we still haven't seen anything of it.

Actually what I admire is the perseverance of the users that are
putting up with this tragedy for the past four years. Yes, I just took
a look at v3.0.1.33's executable date: It shows the 12.10.2004. v3 was
the first version for which IMAP had been promised, and I myself
joined the crowd that already was experiencing and reporting IMAP
errors even then.

It's been four years, and things have grown worse. Congratulations.
Maybe a change in (company) president may be in order - what the heck,
it worked for the U.S, too.

--
MfG,
 Alto                            mailto:a...@treadstone79.de